Sunday 17 July 2011

captain's log 16th July 2011 Fareham to Salcombe Bay

16th July 2011 - Am sat in the Ferry Inn in Salcombe with Stewart. A pint is in front of each of us and we’re ‘havin’ a go at updating our respective blogs. ‘Ere’s mine.

picking up Stewart in Weymouth



We left just over a week ago and struggled to get the sails up for one reason and another (gales, poor preparation, tiny niggling issues) but, finally, the sails went up. I must admit to a feeling of frustration when I am not moving forward so I felt a nice sense of relief when we were finally moving. At the same time I felt a growing sense of apprehension as one of the significant events looms ever closer on the horizon - can my brother and I survive   each other AND the elements as we cross the Biscay? Well, in a few days I/we find out. There’s no way I could have it this far without him (Stewart) but we do bicker and when we do I get saddened and have a hard time seeing the lighter side for a few hours. That said we are working., I think, hard to resolve conflict issues as they arise and I reckon we’re eventually going to run out of things to fight about…brothers eh?!!

Salcombe Bay - the GPS saw 20 knots here :) and it's real pirate bay stuff, I loved it.



Anyway, enough for now, next entry from, I hope, Plymouth.